Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Roller Derby "Yo Face!" Gal


Don't even know if that made sense, but at 3 am in the morning, what really does.
Regardless, I had alot of fun working on this these past few days. So much that I want to do another one very soon. Originally, I had a large adhesive bandage on the heart but I felt that it was a bit distracting, and had to scrap it. Perhaps the next one that I do will be better suited for it, since the pose won't get in the way of the bg as much as this.

This was also the first time I inked the art completely in Photoshop. Was nice, but the feeling of a real brush really can't be compared. They both have their pros and cons, (but I won't bore anybody reading with that) and I'd like to explore the digital route a bit more, considering that I've heard Sketchbook pro and Art Rage have a better variety of in brush tools. So, we'll see.

Anywho...I hope whoever is reading or visiting this...enjoy :D

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome Richard. I think the inking looks great, very clean and sharp. Did it take a lot longer or shorter to do it digitally? You should definitely check out sketchbook pro.

irongiant775 said...

Thanks Seth!
Dunno...I think for me it probably took a wee bit longer, mainly, cause I was still testing the waters out with it. That,and I couldn't rotate the image like I would a piece of paper when inking.

But they def. both have their pros and cons when it comes to inking.(digital ink don't smear!lol)
I actually just got a (legit!) copy of Sketchbook pro. So far, it's pretty cool! Not feeling the pencils on there as opposed to Painter IX, but I do like it so far.
What do you think of it? Love to hear your imput! :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I like Sketchbook, just used the demo, but will eventually buy the whole program when I update my computer at home (any day now). I like that you can rotate the canvas and the markers feel nice. Not sure how 'finished' of an image you can really make w/ it though. Great for quick stuff that doesn't need to be super polished I would say. I believe you can rotate the canvas in PS's CS4 and 5, but I don't have either of those.

Anonymous said...

YUMMY!

irongiant775 said...

Thanks Duskpuppet! And thank you for visiting my blog. I sure could use the traffic :)