Saturday, January 16, 2010

New Year, new COMPLETED painting XD


Wow. I never thought that I would follow through with this painting, but I'm glad I did. I have to thank Jon McConnell for helping me out with this. His knowledge of colors is on an Einstein level! It really felt good to see this to the end, I almost gave up on it. But I can totally see the difference now with all the suggestion from my previous post. I'm in no way trying to toot my own horn, it's far from perfect, but I am content with the results.
I don't know why I decided to paint "the man of all action men" as a caricature(probably cause I've done many caricatures of him), but I know that another person at the weekly sketchgroup has done some pretty impressive caricature stuff and that more than likely has inspired me. This also coincides with me wanting to try PSCS2 on my new laptop. So far, so good. It has crashed a few times, but I'm reading on forums that it has something to do with Windows 7.

Man, I miss XP...

Please enjoy, and crits or comments are always welcomed

No comments: